Are you looking for Google web design tools? If yes, keep your eyes on and scroll down to grab the right information. Today we’re going to give you a whirlwind tour of tips and tricks for making your website fast.
So let’s start….
12 Awesome Google Web Design & Development Tools to Try in 2021!
1. Google Polymer
Now, let’s see other interesting things about Google Polymer like what are its features? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Polymers?
- Polymer elements include various themes and design which is useful for both designer and developer.
- It is useful in creating custom elements. (enclosed HTML, CSS, JS)
- The elements deliver bi-directional templating and data binding.
- Helpful in reducing the gap between designer and developer.
- You can use its new features- Shadow DOM for the encapsulation of CSS.
- The designer uses Polymer for the UX of the web page whereas developers focus on the functionality of web pages.
- The developer uses Polymers elements to reduce the complexity of web page source code to fit in with the design requirements.
- This online web design tool is widely useful for developers to develop feature-rich apps and sites.
- This tool is unable to perform server-side rendering.
- It shows the difficulty in organizing larger applications.
- Sometimes it shows dependency errors.
- You can’t neglect any single library and Polyfills, which means it is required to download complete libraries.
Do you want to improve the quality of a web page?
If yes, Lighthouse is the best web design tool to improve the quality of your web pages. You have to run this tool in Chrome DevTools. For this either you can use the command line or a Node module.
Although the main purpose of using Lighthouse is to have an entire audit of the web page. Here you just need to submit an URL of the page you want to audit. This open-source tool will provide a report on how the submitted URL is performing over the Internet. This way it becomes easy to fix the setbacks.
- It is useful in increasing a website’s overall performance, quality, and SEO.
- Fully automated tool and open source.
- Useful in checking a page’s accessibility.
- Useful in reviewing Progressive Web Apps (PWA).
- Easy website testing.
- Reduce render-blocking resources
- It can only be run at the URL level.
3. Google Web Designer
Google Web Designer is a free Google web design and development application tool. Anyone can easily download this web application tool to build and design advanced HTML5 advertisements. It offers an interesting code interface and integrated visuals through which developers can design eye-catching web content. You get the option to use drawing tools, 3D objects, and styling text to create content. Even with the use of this tool, you can animate events and objects on a timeline.
- Free web design tool HTML
- Easy to write codes
- Enables fewer errors
- Auto-completion of codes
- Syntax highlighting features.
- Helps in designing responsive layouts.
- Customization of ads.
Flutter is an incredible, effective toolkit that is used for software development. Google has designed this web design and development tool kit to create mobile apps for Android and iOS. This UI toolkit offers full customization of an app. It makes it easy to develop a high-performance mobile app. Also, helps in reducing the number of codes required for the development.
- Hot Reload
- Cross-Platform Development
- Accessible Native Features and SDKs
- Minimal Code
- Native Feel and Features
- It allows you to build native interfaces in minutes.
- Flutter also has a feature called hot reload that allows you to easily build UIs, add new features, and fix bugs faster.
- Easy to understand business logic as the UI is and its logic is the same in all platforms.
- Splendid and creative designs.
- Easy to compile Flutter code to native ARM machine code.
- It is quite large and “heavy” to start with.
- Neds larger space to download and update.
- Takes a longer time to download.
5. Google API Explorer
Google has an enormous library of APIs that are accessible to designers. Yet finding these APIs can create trouble for some users. Google API Explorer makes it simple for designers to find any API. On the Google API Explorer website page, you will see a total rundown of the whole API library. You can without much of a stretch look through the rundown or utilize the hunt box to channel through the API list.
The best piece of Google API Explorer is that each connection to a reference page accompanies more subtleties on the best way to utilize the API. Programming interface Explorer is an incredible method to evaluate strategies in the Monitoring API without composing any code.
Puppeteer is one of the Node libraries which empowers a high-level API. This helps the web developer to control the headless of Google Chrome over the DevTools protocol. It generates common actions similar to the real browser. Thus the tool is mainly useful in scraping, automating, and testing web pages.
- Useful in generating screenshots.
- Automate visual testing
- Testing of the Chrome extension
- UI testing
- Generates PDFs of pages
- Automate form submission
- Useful in crawling Single-Page Applications.
- Helps in scraping the websites
- Generates pre-rendered content
Codelabs is a cool Google web development tool that can easily be used by beginner developers. Developers who want to improve their knowledge and skills of coding can use this tool. It provides an explanatory tutorial, guided solution, and hands-on experience of coding. There are several tutorial sessions available on Codelabs on different topics.
- Better explained tutorial on differing technology.
- Provides a guided solution to build an application from scratch.
- Offers tutorials sessions on the latest technology like AR, Analytics, TensorFlow, Virtual Analytics, Search, Google Compute Engine, Google APIs on iOS, and G Suite, etc.
8. Color Tool
Color Tool is a tool for web design that is useful in applying color for a web page UI. This tool is used by web designers to create, share colors with their UI. It also measures the accessibility level for any color combination before exporting to the palette. The tool offers more than 250 colors with 6 user interfaces.
- Easy and user-friendly interfaces.
- Handy picking and applying colors.
- Easy to switch for secondary color schemes.
- Customization of color.
- You can check the color appearance before exporting it to your palette.
- It allows pre-caching
- Makes web pages run faster.
- Offers runtime catching
- Easy debugging
- Background sync
- Consume less storage
- Shows better flexibility than SW-toolbox and SW-precache.
- Request routing table
10. PageSpeed Insights
PageSpeed Insights is an analyzing tool that checks the content of your web pages. Using this tool you get a suggestion on how better you can make content on your web pages work faster. It gives the analysis based on the performance of a page on desktop as well as mobile. You will get the overall performance score of web pages at the top of the report.
11. AMP on Google
Are you frustrated to resolve the issue like longer loading time and boring look of the web pages on mobile devices?
AMP is all your solution. This is one of the web component frameworks launched by Google that makes various development problems resolve in a minute. It allows you to create an incredible website, email campaign, ads, and stories. This also will help you in resolving your common problem like the slow loading of pages. Not only this, it enhances the look of the pages. It makes it look more standard than the HTML pages. So, use it, if you want to unify AMP pages.
- It allows fast and instant loading of web pages across different platforms and devices.
- It enables a better user experience with better UX design.
Also Read: Google Introducing New Pixel 5 and 4A 5G
12. Window Resizer
If you want to check that your website is responsive or not, use the Windows Resizer Chrome extension. It resizes the browser window accordingly to the different screen resolutions. So you can easily test your responsive design on different screen resolutions. However, the common screen sizes offered are desktop, mobile, and laptop. But, as per your requirements, you have an option to add custom screen sizes.
Hope this list of Google web design and development tools will help you in your web development process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Is Google web design tool free to use?
Ans: Yes it is free to download and free to use.
Q2: Which Google web design and development tool I can use for the next website project?
Ans: Here are some of them
- Google API Explorer
- Google Web Design
Q3: What is the best tool for Web design?
Ans: There are various tools available for web design. Some of them are:
- Google Web Designer