Lawrence, a busy businessperson, had a problem with a product he bought from a company. He called the company’s customer service and was connected with the right representative who collected all the required details and resolved the problem within minutes. He hung up and swore to continue his business with them forever. Like Lawrence, thousands of customers end up being flattered by the instant customer response.
Several reasons contribute to the success of customer satisfaction and drive sales. One of the main contributing reasons is the latest technology, CTI (Computer Telephony Integration). Phone communication continues as the best medium to summarize one’s pain-point or issues even when other communication channels like chat, text or social media are popular.
CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) is a browser-based call management system that enables computers to communicate with telephone systems. It exchanges data between the CTI system and the Salesforce application. You can carry out the following actions with CTI:
• Operate two lines at a time
• Answer incoming calls
• Put a caller on hold
• Monitor call status
• Transfer caller
• Initiate conference calls
• Place an outgoing call
• Set availability status
Choice of Integration
Now, Salesforce development Several numbers of integrations are there to make your business more efficient and run smoothly. You can also hire Salesforce developers to configure the CTI system to integrate with other services that increase your productivity, raise cooperation and enhance user experience. It is possible to integrate services designed for call logging, live chat, purchase history, support tickets, feedback surveying and many more. The cap in the head is it offers centralized control over the entire means of communication via a single interface. This will be helpful to your managers and customer support agents.
For instance, you can integrate your business phone system with a CRM program through CTI technology. When the clients reach your enterprise, their information and call history will be displayed on the agent’s computer screen. Besides, the agent can keep an account for the call for further reference.
Integration with Salesforce.
The latest telephony software can now be integrated with Salesforce as such your telephone service provider is now directly connected to your Salesforce. Suppose a customer makes a call to your company, the CTI integrated with Salesforce provides data/information about the caller like Account, Contact, Lead and additional information about the caller.
The next feature is to route the call to determine which user/agent will receive the call. Simultaneously, a screen popup is displayed with all the data fetched from Salesforce. This helps them to solve the customer problem and reduce the call duration by offering prompt customer information. At that time, the call is logged, recorded and stored in the telephone service provider with a link to the recording, which is further added to the Salesforce record.
Steps to integrate CTI with Salesforce
Keep in mind, both Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning editions have separate Open CTI. You should not swap each other as they function, and behave differently.
Let us explore the steps to integrate Open CTI on Salesforce Lightning Edition through demo adaptor:
• First, open up your Salesforce org
• Download and install the Demo Adaptor package from the given link:
• Next, we need to configure the call center – type Call Center in the search box and select the Call Centers option from the search result.
• Fill the required details and you can add the additional users you want to enable the access of demo adaptor by tabbing the button Manage Call Center Users.
• In the demo call center adaptor screen, you have to configure which telephone service you are going to use as a mediator for communication. Here we used Twilio as mediator.
• Now it is time to create a Lightning app for your call center or customer service team, which includes all the vital items that your team needs to complete the common tasks. Go to the Setup page, type app in the search box and select App Manager.
• On the app setting screen, select Utility bar (available in the left-hand side navigation)
• In the Utility bar, add the Open CTI Softphone and click save
• Add other navigation items you require and assign the app to users you want to offer application access.
• Once you launched the lightning app, the softphone will appear as shown below:
With this softphone, the process of dialing, establishing and monitoring the call is very simple. Whenever a Salesforce user initiates a call through Salesforce, the connector dials it to CTI service providers. The service provider connects the end-user and then initiates the call, which allows the component to perform additional operations like recording or monitoring.
Benefits of Computer Telephony Integration
Organizations use Open CTI to realize the benefits of helping their sales teams to close more deals. You can derive several benefits from integrating your phone system with Salesforce via CTI. Few of them are as follows:
• Easy call handling – Your agents can easily make calls and receive calls by simply clicking buttons on their machine screen.
• Availability of customer’s detailed information – Automated Pop-up screen enables the customers to scan through the customer’s details including their past calls history.
• Reduced cost – Cost can be reduced through shortening the call length, reducing telephone line requirements and reflecting the professionalism of the company’s approach.
• Increased Productivity – As it reduces the average duration of each call, the team can use the spare time to handle more calls, which eliminates the demand for more staff.
• Enhanced Call Experience – By observing the caller’s identity before connecting with the call, agents can greet the caller with their name, which offers a personalized customer experience.
The integration of Open CTI with Salesforce is simple as well as helpful to your enterprise. This kind of access to seamless actions and valuable tools won’t be possible with our traditional telephone system. Undeniably, CTI integration opens the doors to move towards a more scalable and flexible way of running a business.